Surma Tribe Makeup Trial

I decided to try out a Surma tribe make-up look for myself.  
I kindly asked my housemate to model for me!
 
 
I used my fingers to apply a clay mask in the pattern above to give the makeup more texture and to make it look more like the traditional makeup of a surma tribe.
 
 
I then painted over some areas using my Kryolan aqua colour palette.
 
 
I then created a flower headdress by weaving flowers together using wire. I chose orangey coloured flowers as these looked the most exotic.
 
 
I styled the look with a brightly coloured skirt that I found hiding in the back of my wardrobe and my most tribalistic looking necklaces (not the best styling I know but a girls got to make do). I really like the flower headdress, I am thinking about incorporating it into my final design. I am not so keen on the makeup though, I don't want my final look to be a copy of the surma tribe makeup, I just want to take elements of the look and translate them into my own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment