Ritual and Honour

I brought this book today that has some information about Native American Indians in it! It's called "Ritual and Honour" hence the post title! It has some really inspiring images in it.
 
 
Here is a map from the book that shows exactly where the Native American Indian tribes lived.

 
These are two Assiniboine men photographed by Geraldine Moodie in the 1800s. I am thinking about doing some kind of plaits in my models hair for my final shoot so it is good to see how the tribesmen and women would have traditionally worn thier hair.
 
 
 
I will be creating a headdress like the one above for my final design. This type of headdress was worn by the Blackfoot tribe and the women would were them in celebration of thier men returning from war! This one is made using eagle feathers.
 
 
 
Look at this elaborate Regalia photographed by Dennis Zotigh, worn by dancers in the Powwow competitions. These type of clothes would originally be worn by warrior dancers of the 19th century.
 
 
 
I find the intricate beaded patterns on this Tomahawk pipe really inspiring, I could use patterns like these in my makeup designs. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment